This Pops was truly out of this world! We raised over $3500 for Super Kooper to help them support children who are fighting cancer and their families. Thank you so much for joining us in support of awesome music and of a worthy charity. Stay tuned for information about our 2019-2020 season.
May 4th – 6:30pm
(tables may be booked starting on April 14 at 9:30am)
FUMC’s Handbell Ministry takes you out of this world with music from across the galaxy. This spring performance will feature FUMC’s own Council Oak Bells, Jubilation, and Revelation Ringers Bronze in a star-studded night that won’t soon be forgotten. The performance will take you to the moon and back with these musical selections: Holst’s “Jupiter” from The Planets, “Fly Me to the Moon”, “Stairway to Heaven”, “Somewhere Out There”, and many more. There will even be guests from a galaxy far, far away.
Pops is an annual benefit concert for a local charity. This year’s selected charity is Super Kooper, a charity that supports children who are fighting cancer and their families. This benefit will be given in memory of Matt Graff, the son of Nancy Graff, one of our handbell ringers. This year marks the 20th anniversary of Matt’s passing due to cancer. Our Pops concert will commemorate this by giving all our procedes from this evening to Super Kooper.
How to Attend:
Pops is on Saturday, May 4th, at First United Methodist Church, 1004 N Mays Street, Round Rock TX 78664 in our Family Life Center. The concert will begin at 6:30pm. Doors will open for a bring-your-own picnic dinner at 5:30.
Tables will be available for reservation starting April 14th following Sunday morning services, at 9:30am. Center tables (seating 8) may be reserved for a $100 donation. Other tables (seating 6) are reserved on a first-come first-served basis with no required donation. There will be some additional seating along the back and sides of the FLC but a seat cannot be reserved, so be sure to reserve your tables soon. A collection will be taken up during the concert.
What should I wear?
You don’t have to dress up fancy to attend Pops. In fact, this year we encourage you to dress up in your favorite space-themed costume if you would like to do so.
What music will be played?
- Exultation – Matthew Compton
- Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) – Don McLean, arranged by Ron Mallory
- Stairway to Heaven – arranged by Ron Mallory
- Somewhere Out There (from the movie “An American Tail”) – arranged by Douglas Wagner
- Spires – Matthew Compton
- Soliloquy – Karen Buckwalter
- Fly Me to the Moon – Bart Howard, arranged by Ron Mallory
- Clair de Lune – Claude Debussy, arranged by Bill Mathis
- Themes from Star Wars – John Williams, transcribed by Chris Burton
- Jupiter (from The Planets) – Gustav Holst, arranged by Catherine McMichael
- Out of the Silent Planet (based on the C.S. Lewis books) – Alex Guebert
- Firework – Katy Perry