The Belles is a fellowship group for widows and caregivers, both members of First Church and not, who get together about once a month for lunch or other activity.
Belles meets the first Monday of each month for lunch and visiting. Each month, we select where we will meet next. If you would like to know more about the Belles, contact Janet Reynolds, 512.255.7198.
Women’s Book Club
Women who celebrate the pleasure of reading and discussing books gather to meet on the first Tuesday of each month at 11:30 am in Adkins Bldg. 5-136. To find out what they’re reading this month, contact Judy Hart.
MOM – Ministry of Motherhood
Mothers of elementary age children and older who support, share, encourage and pray for each other meet on 2nd and 4th Thursdays at noon in Adkins Bldg. 5 room 124. Contact Brandy Boggs for details.
United Methodist Women (UMW)
A supportive, inclusive Christian membership organization where women grow spiritually, develop as leaders and serve and work to create a world in which all women, children, and youth thrive. Women worship, share, pray, study and serve together. UMW seeks to help women know God through Jesus Christ; expand concepts of mission through participation in the local and global ministries of the church. First Church women members and friends…single, married, mothers, career women, retirees.
First Church UMW Circles:
- The Deborah Circle meets at 9:30 am on the third Tuesday of each month in Bldg. 5-232/234. Mostly active retirees and friends, focusing on mission and fellowship. Contact Janet Reynolds.
- The Lydia Circle meets at 6:30 pm on the second Tuesday of each month in Payne Cottage. Women and friends who can’t meet during the day gather for meetings which include a program and mission with refreshments. All women of the church are invited to join in this fellowship opportunity. For more information contact Patti Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Bible Studies
The new Summer Women’s Bible Study meets each Wednesday morning at 9:30 am beginning June 12 and running through July 24.
- The study will be Discerning the Voice of God featuring Priscilla Shirer, and will be facilitated by Trisha Seguin.
The Tuesday Women’s Bible Study meets each Tuesday morning at 9:30 am in Bldg. 5-122. Join them as they explore the Bible through studies by Beth Moore and others. This group is on summer hiatus.
- For more information, contact Denise Blomquist at email@example.com.
The Wednesday Women’s Bible Studies meet both morning and evening. The morning group meets at 9:30 am (fall and spring) and the evening group meets at 6:30 pm in Adkins Bldg. 5-232. Both use studies by Beth Moore and others. This group is on summer hiatus.
- For more information, contact Janet Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 512-255-7198.