Stephen Ministry at First Church
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
Stephen Ministry is…
a program of our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who…
- express God’s care through their lives to others;
- receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts;
- are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training;
- visit another person regularly and dependably offer Christian support and care;
- participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen leaders;
- are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship;
- serve for at least two years;
- receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service.
About the Leaders of Our Congregation’s Stephen Ministry…
Stephen Leaders are pastors, church staff, and/or lay persons who have completed a seven-day Stephen Series Leader’s Training Course and are commissioned to lead the Stephen Ministry of our congregation.
Our congregation’s Stephen Leaders can…
- help you or someone you know receive care from a Stephen Minister;
- tell you how to become a Stephen Minister;
- tell you about Stephen Ministry training and our next training class;
- answer other questions about our congregation’s Stephen Ministry program.
How You Can Support Our Congregation’s Stephen Ministry…
- Pray for our Stephen Leaders and Stephen Ministers as they provide Christian care to others.
- Pray for all who are receiving confidential care through the Stephen Ministry of our congregation.
- Tell Stephen Leaders about those who might benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister; be sure to get that person’s permission first!
- Tell others in our community about the availability of our congregation’s Stephen Ministry and the care it can provide.
- Receive Stephen Ministry when you are in need of supportive Christian care.
- Consider Serving as a Stephen Minister.
- Support Stephen Ministry with your financial gifts.
If you would like more information about Stephen Ministry, contact a Stephen Leader at email@example.com or call:
Carol Crawford, 512-775-5339, Michael Heath, 512-348-7624, Paul Pulley, 512-828-3871
Charlene Terrell, 512-255-0001, Rachel Albin, 512-762-2136, or Janet Crockett, 281-658-8465.