July 8 is Stephen Ministry Recruitment Sunday!
Have you ever wondered about how you can become a Stephen Minister? On July 8, First Church will be celebrating Stephen Ministry Recruitment Sunday, and during the worship services you will hear about being a Stephen Minister.
If you want more information, please attend a Q & A session on Sunday, July 15 or July 29 in Payne Cottage at 9:30 am. Get your questions answered and hear from current Stephen Ministers more about this amazing program.
And…please support our Stephen Ministry program at the Twin Oaks Cafe during the month of July!
Stephen Ministry at First Church
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7
Stephen Ministry is…
a program of our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who…
- express God’s care through their lives to others;
- receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts;
- are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training;
- visit another person regularly and dependably offer Christian support and care;
- participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen leaders;
- are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship;
- serve for at least two years;
- receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service.
About the Leaders of Our Congregation’s Stephen Ministry…
Stephen Leaders are pastors, church staff, and/or lay persons who have completed a seven-day Stephen Series Leader’s Training Course and are commissioned to lead the Stephen Ministry of our congregation.
Our congregation’s Stephen Leaders can…
- help you or someone you know receive care from a Stephen Minister;
- tell you how to become a Stephen Minister;
- tell you about Stephen Ministry training and our next training class;
- answer other questions about our congregation’s Stephen Ministry program.
How You Can Support Our Congregation’s Stephen Ministry…
- Pray for our Stephen Leaders and Stephen Ministers as they provide Christian care to others.
- Pray for all who are receiving confidential care through the Stephen Ministry of our congregation.
- Tell Stephen Leaders about those who might benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister; be sure to get that person’s permission first!
- Tell others in our community about the availability of our congregation’s Stephen Ministry and the care it can provide.
- Receive Stephen Ministry when you are in need of supportive Christian care.
- Consider Serving as a Stephen Minister.
- Support Stephen Ministry with your financial gifts.
If you would like more information about Stephen Ministry, contact a Stephen Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
Carol Crawford, 512-775-5339, Michael Heath, 512-348-7624, Paul Pulley, 512-828-3871
Charlene Terrell, 512-255-0001, Rachel Albin, 512-762-2136, or Janet Crockett, 281-658-8465.