June 7, 2019
First Church Kids – get all of the Children’s Ministries information here
Upcoming Children’s events:
- Vacation Bible School 2019 – “Roar!”. 2 weeks, June 17-21 and June 24-28. Registration is closed, please keep our children and adult volunteers in your prayers!
- Children’s Chime Camps – register for one of two three-day morning camps: July 16-18 or August 6-8. Beginning ringers will learn rhythm, simple group music and there is a show off at the end for parents. Register and get more information here.
Continuing Children’s events:
- Sunday School, 9:30 am. Preschool, Bldg. 2/Pods; Elementary, Bldg. 5/upstairs
- Bible Buddies is a program designed for children, ages 3 & 4 (by September 1st of the current school year), at the 8:30 and 11 am worship services. Children participating in Bible Buddies will begin the service in the sanctuary with their parent. The children leave with the Bible Buddies volunteer and go to Bldg. 2 to hear a Bible story and do a craft or activity for the remainder of the worship service. Parents pick up the children following the 8:30 am service in Suite/Pod B and following the 11 am service in Suite/Pod A. For the safety of all, parents must sign in their child(ren) and make a nametag at the Bible Buddy cart in the foyer prior to service. Fill out a new form each new school year.
First Church Student/Youth Ministry – get all of the Student/Youth Ministry information here
Upcoming Student/Youth Ministry events:
- Summer Mission trips:
- High School – June 2-8: Sunflower, Mississippi
- Middle School – July 7-12: Brackettville, Texas
- Information and register here: Summer Mission Trips
Continuing Student/Youth Ministry events:
- Sunday School, 9:30 am – 6th-12th grades, Bldg. 5/upstairs
- REGISTRATION IS OPEN for Camp Eagle 2019!!! There are still openings for both Middle and High School camps. Register for this life-changing event here.
First Church Adults – get all of the Adult Ministries information here
- Summer study – Be part of a summer Bible Study, “Why Is It Always God’s Fault?”. Explore some of the hardest questions we face. Why did this happen? Can’t God stop evil in the world? What’s the deal with all this suffering?Why weren’t my prayers answered? Orientation will be on Monday night, June 24, with six sessions to follow each Monday evening at 7:00 p.m. through August 5. Sign up here or email email@example.com.
Continuing Adult events:
- NEW 6-WK ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL SERIES, beginning June 9: The Rock, the Road and the Rabbi by Kathie Lee Gifford. Dig deeper into the original languages of Scripture along with experiencing the historical sites. Insight from a Messianic Rabbi lends understanding of the Hebrew language, culture and heritage. Where/When: Sundays, 9:40, Bldg. 5, Rm. 136. Contact Janet Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information. All are welcome. No registration needed. Just come!
- First Church Crafters meet Tuesdays at 9:30 am at the 115 Winsted House.
- Brown Bag Theologians meet Tuesdays at 12:30 pm in Bldg. 5-122. Join the pastor(s) each week as we discuss the upcoming Sunday’s scripture and sermon topic. We combine lively discussion with prayer time for our First Church prayer requests.
- Heart to Heart Quilt Ministry meets on Thursdays at 9:30 am at 115 Winsted House. Since 1999, the Heart to Heart Quilt Ministry has given 1400+ quilts to infants and children to age 17, who are experiencing catastrophic illnesses or other difficult situations. The members pray over each the quilt, hoping that each child will feel God’s love. Come and join our hands-on ministry. All—beginners to masters — are welcome.
- Women’s Book Club meets on the first Tuesday of every month, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, in Adkins Bldg. 5 – 127. Bring your lunch and join us! For this month’s book and more information, contact Judy Hart, email@example.com .
First Church Young Adults
- The Network – Young Professionals Group. The Network is primarily a fellowship group but we’ve added a conversation about the intersection between faith and life in the 21st century. We’ll watch a TED talk (or something comparable) and have some guided discussion. Plus snacks! Find more information, including a link to our Facebook page, by searching “network” at fumc-rr.org, or contact Faith Bradshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Church Missions
- First Church’s Mission Panama 2019 – This year’s team is heading to Panama June 22-30, 2019. Please be watching for how you can help! We’ll need prayers, supplies donated, and of course financial support. If you’d like more information about this trip or future trips, contact Jennifer Glasgow.
- Round Rock Helpers are ready to serve! Round Rock Helpers exists to provide services (typically 3 hours or less over a couple of work sessions) to seniors, the disabled and others with minor repairs. If you or someone you know needs help, or for more information, please contact Fred Clark at 512-450-4398.
- Footprints Children’s Grief Ministry. Footprints offers 10-week workshops to children in the community who have suffered the loss of a loved one through divorce or death. These classes help the children work through their grief from a “You are not alone” aspect. The workshops are offered free of charge to the children and their families. If you would like to donate, go to the website, fpcgm.org.
- Help Feed our Children—The First Church Backpack Project needs YOU! This coming school year we will be serving Wells Branch and Bluebonnet Elementary. This project takes a small commitment and means so much. To learn more, contact Terri Bowden at email@example.com.
- Meals On Wheels — Adopt A Route. M.O.W. provides hot, home-delivered meals, five days a week to those who due to illness, age or disability are unable to provide proper nutrition for themselves. We begin deliveries at 10:30 am, Monday—Friday, and a route takes less than 2 hours. We love to have families with children deliver meals and this could be a summer family mission project. Call Rose Dietrich to see where you can serve—512-255-4970. (Located at the Baca Center, 301 W. Bagdad).
- Senior Access Needs More Drivers. Go to their webpage, senioraccesstx.org or call 512-310-1060 to learn more about this community service to our elderly neighbors.
- Round Rock Area Serving Center Needs Your Help! Volunteers are needed! Can you give just 3 hours per week? There are a variety of jobs. One is right for you! Great for service hours! New volunteer orientation is on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 4 pm; other orientations by special arrangement. 1099 E. Main St. Call 512-244-2431.
First Church Opportunities
- Dedicating the altar flowers. You may dedicate the altar flowers on Sunday mornings in honor or in memory of someone, or a special occasion. The arrangement costs $75.00 and our florist handles everything. We are booking dates in 2019. Please call Wanell at 512-255-3336 to reserve your special date.
- Be a Communion Server. Please consider participating in the church as a communion server. We need volunteers for the Sanctuary and Crossroad Services. If you are interested and would like to receive information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Rae Frenette, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-255-3336.
- We Love Adult Volunteers in Children’s Sunday School. Preschool and Elementary Sunday School is made possible because of our wonderful volunteers! You will have the opportunity to teach or shepherd in Sunday School or Bible Buddies. We are seeking volunteers for 4-5 week rotations. All lessons and materials are provided. Contact Jennifer Hall, email@example.com or 512-255-3336,
- We are looking for a few GREAT Volunteers. Come volunteer with us in the office and learn more about your church, staff and the programs here. We have daily shifts 9am – 1 pm, and 1 – 5 pm and on the job training. Come join us. Contact Wanell Soslow, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-255-3336.