March 29, 2019
First Church Kids – get all of the Children’s Ministries information here
Upcoming Children’s events:
- J-Team – for 3rd-5th graders. April event: Golf Extravaganza at Forest Creek Golf Clubhouse is on April 7. Details here.
- Resurrection Celebration – our annual Palm Sunday event will be held on April 14 all morning long. This is a family event, all are invited, and if you’d like to you can volunteer to participate! Contact Jennifer Hall if you’re interested.
Continuing Children’s events:
- Sunday School, 9:30 am. Preschool, Bldg. 2/Pods; Elementary, Bldg. 5/upstairs
- Bible Buddies is a program designed for children, ages 3 & 4 (by September 1st of the current school year), at the 8:30 and 11 am worship services. Children participating in Bible Buddies will begin the service in the sanctuary with their parent. The children leave with the Bible Buddies volunteer and go to Bldg. 2 to hear a Bible story and do a craft or activity for the remainder of the worship service. Parents pick up the children following the 8:30 am service in Suite/Pod B and following the 11 am service in Suite/Pod A. For the safety of all, parents must sign in their child(ren) and make a nametag at the Bible Buddy cart in the foyer prior to service. Fill out a new form each new school year.
First Church Student/Youth Ministry – get all of the Student/Youth Ministry information here
Upcoming Student/Youth Ministry events:
- Confirmation Service is Sunday, April 7 at 6:00 p.m. Baptism Service for confirmands who haven’t been baptized is Sunday, March 31 at 6:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center.
- Summer Mission trips:
- High School – June 2-8: Sunflower, Mississippi
- Middle School – July 7-12: Brackettville, Texas
- Information and register here: Summer Mission Trips
Continuing Student/Youth Ministry events:
- Sunday School, 9:30 am – 6th-12th grades, Bldg. 5/upstairs
- Ignite – Student Ministries Programming – Our Sunday night programming runs from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Mealtime is optional, beginning at 5:30 pm in Payne Cottage. Middle School and High School both meet on Sunday nights but meet in different areas and with separate programming. Middle School in Bldg. 5, upstairs. High School in the Family Life Center/Bldg. 3.
- WILDFIRE! Wednesday Night Programming for Middle School Students: Mentorship Program begins at 6:45 with a short large group devotional time lead by Jodi Marfell, and then our Middle School Students break into small groups lead by some of our outstanding older High School Students. It is a great opportunity for your student to grow in their faith and build a role model type relationship with an older teen. It ends at 7:30 pm.
For High School Students: We offer an in-depth Bible study for students looking to deepen their faith. This program is led by Diane Bouchard and Beth Wade and runs from 8-9 pm.
- REGISTRATION IS OPEN for Camp Eagle 2019!!! There are still openings for both Middle and High School camps. Register for this life-changing event here.
First Church Adults – get all of the Adult Ministries information here
- Upcoming Adult events: JOY Senior Adult Fellowship Day Trip – Join us on April 25 for a tour of local Hindu and Buddhist temples. Meet at the church at 9:00 a.m. Get more information here.
Continuing Adult events:
- Our newest Sunday School class: By the Book
We meet on Sundays at 9:40 am in Bldg 5, Room 148 and have a variety of teachers and leaders this season.Classes coming up: we have four interesting classes coming up beginning March 31. Here are the details.
Future topics include: Who You are in Christ (how our faith in Jesus changes our self-perception); Seasons of the Year and Sacraments led by Dr. John Clifford; studies on Galatians, Colossians, Philemon and Mark just to name a few! Bring a friend! Contact Ted Keller or Sam Kyzar if you want more information.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL ADVENT SERIES, beginning March 10. A six week Lenten study – join us for a study of The Way by Adam Hamilton. Using historical background, archeological findings and stories of the faith, Hamilton retraces the footsteps of Jesus from his baptism to his final week on Earth, including the people he loved, the enemies he made, the parables he taught, and the roads he traveled. Where/When: Sundays at 9:40am, Bldg. 5, Room 136. Contact Laura Weiser (weiser.la@gmail) for information. All are welcome. No advance registration needed. Just come and join us! Where/When: Sundays, 9:40, Bldg. 5, Rm. 136.
- Women’s Wednesday Bible Study continues at 9:30 am or 6:30 pm in Bldg. 5-232/234. Contact Janet Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-255-7198.
- Women’s Tuesday Bible Study meets 9:30 am in Bldg. 5-122. New study begins April 2: Max Lucado’s Fearless. Contact Denise Blomquist, email@example.com.
- First Church Crafters meet Tuesdays at 9:30 am at the 115 Winsted House.
- Brown Bag Theologians meet Tuesdays at 12:30 pm in Bldg. 5-122. Join the pastor(s) each week as we discuss the upcoming Sunday’s scripture and sermon topic. We combine lively discussion with prayer time for our First Church prayer requests.
- Heart to Heart Quilt Ministry meets on Thursdays at 9:30 am at 115 Winsted House. Since 1999, the Heart to Heart Quilt Ministry has given 1400+ quilts to infants and children to age 17, who are experiencing catastrophic illnesses or other difficult situations. The members pray over each the quilt, hoping that each child will feel God’s love. Come and join our hands-on ministry. All—beginners to masters — are welcome.
- Women’s Book Club meets on the first Tuesday of every month, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, in Adkins Bldg. 5 – 127. Bring your lunch and join us! For this month’s book and more information, contact Judy Hart, firstname.lastname@example.org .
First Church Young Adults
- The Network – Young Professionals Group. The Network is primarily a fellowship group but we’ve added a conversation about the intersection between faith and life in the 21st century. We’ll watch a TED talk (or something comparable) and have some guided discussion. Plus snacks! Find more information, including a link to our Facebook page, by searching “network” at fumc-rr.org, or contact Faith Bradshaw, email@example.com.
First Church Missions
- First Church’s Mission Panama 2019 – This year’s team is heading to Panama June 22-30, 2019. Please be watching for how you can help! We’ll need prayers, supplies donated, and of course financial support. If you’d like more information about this trip or future trips, contact Jennifer Glasgow.
- Round Rock Helpers are ready to serve! Round Rock Helpers exists to provide services (typically 3 hours or less over a couple of work sessions) to seniors, the disabled and others with minor repairs. If you or someone you know needs help, or for more information, please contact Fred Clark at 512-450-4398.
- Footprints Children’s Grief Ministry. Footprints offers 10-week workshops to children in the community who have suffered the loss of a loved one through divorce or death. These classes help the children work through their grief from a “You are not alone” aspect. The workshops are offered free of charge to the children and their families. If you would like to donate, go to the website, fpcgm.org.
- Help Feed our Children—The First Church Backpack Project needs YOU! This coming school year we will be serving Wells Branch and Bluebonnet Elementary. This project takes a small commitment and means so much. To learn more, contact Terri Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals On Wheels — Adopt A Route. M.O.W. provides hot, home-delivered meals, five days a week to those who due to illness, age or disability are unable to provide proper nutrition for themselves. We begin deliveries at 10:30 am, Monday—Friday, and a route takes less than 2 hours. We love to have families with children deliver meals and this could be a summer family mission project. Call Rose Dietrich to see where you can serve—512-255-4970. (Located at the Baca Center, 301 W. Bagdad).
- Senior Access Needs More Drivers. Go to their webpage, senioraccesstx.org or call 512-310-1060 to learn more about this community service to our elderly neighbors.
- Round Rock Area Serving Center Needs Your Help! Volunteers are needed! Can you give just 3 hours per week? There are a variety of jobs. One is right for you! Great for service hours! New volunteer orientation is on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 4 pm; other orientations by special arrangement. 1099 E. Main St. Call 512-244-2431.
First Church Opportunities
- Dedicating the altar flowers. You may dedicate the altar flowers on Sunday mornings in honor or in memory of someone, or a special occasion. The arrangement costs $75.00 and our florist handles everything. We are booking dates in 2019. Please call Wanell at 512-255-3336 to reserve your special date.
- Be a Communion Server. Please consider participating in the church as a communion server. We need volunteers for the Sanctuary and Crossroad Services. If you are interested and would like to receive information about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Rae Frenette, email@example.com, 512-255-3336.
- We Love Adult Volunteers in Children’s Sunday School. Preschool and Elementary Sunday School is made possible because of our wonderful volunteers! You will have the opportunity to teach or shepherd in Sunday School or Bible Buddies. We are seeking volunteers for 4-5 week rotations. All lessons and materials are provided. Contact Jennifer Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-255-3336,
- We are looking for a few GREAT Volunteers. Come volunteer with us in the office and learn more about your church, staff and the programs here. We have daily shifts 9am – 1 pm, and 1 – 5 pm and on the job training. Come join us. Contact Wanell Soslow, email@example.com or 512-255-3336.