The Gospel and Dr. Seuss
Last summer, we had fun with All God’s Critters and celebrated the roles that animals played in the Bible. This year, we bring into conversation the teachings of the Bible and the writings of Dr. Seuss in our new sermon series, The Gospel and Dr. Seuss. You will be surprised at how well they come together. Our children will be doing some of that in Sunday School and it will also become a part of our children’s times on Sunday morning.
Will there be a sermon or at least a large part of one be done entirely in rhyme? Will the preachers have any wisdom to spare should they dare to share? And do you have a cat in the hat hat to wear? Our choirs are working hard on selections from Seussical and the Lorax. Zany series like these have a way of helping us hear the gospel with new ears and allows us another way to invite people to worship services just to experience the novelty of it all.
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! Dr. Seuss
- Sermon Title: “Oh, the Thinks You Can Think”
- Scripture: I Corinthians 2:6-16
- Sermon Title: “Biggest Blame Fool”
- Scripture: Matthew 7:1-5
- Sermon Title: “Notice Me, Horton”
- Scripture: Luke 10:25-37
- Sermon Title: “Solla Solew – What’s Your Picture of Heaven?”
- Scripture: Revelation 21:1-7
- Sermon Title: “Let it Grow” from the LORAX
- Scripture: Matthew 13:24-32
- Sermon Title: “The Gift of a New Heart” – The Grinch
- Scripture: Ezekiel 36:22-28