Welcome to First United Methodist Church of Round Rock, TX
First Church exists to share the love of God in Jesus Christ.
We invite you to join us in worship on Sundays and to get involved in the myriad of ministry and mission opportunities in our church. If you are new to this site or to the congregation, we are so glad you stopped by! Please take a few moments to browse our website in order to learn about the Christian faith and how you can find your place here at First Church. We know you will find this to be a warm and welcoming congregation.
History of First Church
First United Methodist Church, or First Church, has a rich heritage spanning over 100 years of ministry in the Round Rock community and beyond. Our present campus along with our new sanctuary stand as a tribute to the dedication and loving service of our very first members. Starting in 1879 as a circuit church, First Church has now grown to over 4500 members. Church History
First Church offers three different worship services each Sunday morning. When you arrive on Sunday morning look for one of our Andrew Ministers. They will be wearing name tags with yellow ribbons. Their purpose is to answer questions and provide information to you. When you attend our worship services, please complete our Attendance Registration forms located in our pews, and provide us with your information. We will be happy to contact you to personally welcome you and try to answer any questions you might have about this church family.
Sunday Worship Services
8:30 am – Worship Service (Blend of Traditional and Contemporary Style of Worship), Sanctuary
9:40 am – CrossRoads AM Worship Service (Contemporary Style of Worship), Family Life Center
11:00 am – Worship Service (Traditional Style of Worship), Sanctuary
Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors.
As members of the United Methodist Church, we share beliefs with other Christian groups, including faith in God: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Traditionally, we have emphasized the following:
- God will comfort, guide, and forgive every person, no matter who they are or what they’ve done.
- Serving others and Christian faith go hand in hand.
- We find peace with God and spiritual fulfillment both in solitary moments of reflection and in a community of faith.
- Our Church is made up of a people who share faith in Jesus Christ.
- We seek to make our private and our public actions congruent in our faith.
- We are a global movement of churches that’s making a difference in the world.
- In practice, we are similar to other Protestant denominations, affirming our beliefs through the sacred symbols of baptism and communion.
Want to learn more?
Are you ready to join First Church? Start with Welcome Home.
If you are looking for a new church home and think First Church is the right church for you, we are delighted to welcome you in membership. Our church family will partner with you as you grow in your faith and find your connection at First Church. Find here more information on becoming a member. Please contact Rev. Katie Meek at 512-255-3336 or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.