Can you spare few hours to help the church grounds and facilities look their very best this year during Holy Week and Easter Sunday? During the month of March, several 4-hour cleanup shifts (9 am – 1 pm and 1 pm – 5 pm) will be offered to complete a variety of projects on the church campus. Sign up below or just join in the fun and fellowship by reporting to the Sanctuary foyer for your special assignment. How will you, your family, your small group, and/or your Sunday School class help First Church sparkle and shine this spring on Easter morning?
Please note: The March 15 Scrub-a-Dub Day has been canceled.
- Clean wooden millwork in the Sanctuary and Family Life Center, including altar rails, altar table, pulpits, ledges and window sills.
- Clean internal and external wooden doors to Sanctuary
- Clean wooden furniture in Payne Cottage
Supplies Needed for Internal Projects
- Buckets for cleaning
- Cleaning cloths/rags
- Spread mulch in landscape beds on campus
- Weed landscape beds and volleyball court; pick up twigs and debris in landscape
- Clean external windows in the Family Life Center, Adkins Education Building, Sanctuary, and Payne Cottage
- Trim foliage and trees in the backyards of 113 and 115 Winsted houses
- Haul away foliage debris from trees
- Clean children’s step stools from across campus
- Clean exterior metal doors in Sanctuary, Family Life Center, and Adkins Education Center
Supplies needed for External Projects
- Garden/work gloves
- Garden tools for spreading mulch
- Garden tools for weeding and/or trimming
- Step and/or extension Ladders
- Tarps for hauling off debris
- Window cleaners and newsprint